Thursday, December 9, 2010

Eating, Crawling, and Grandpa

The day before my last post I was trying to think of what I could get Gili for Chanukah that she could really appreciate, and also thinking about the Social Security money we would hopefully start getting.  I decided that the thing we would all enjoy the most would be flying my father in for Chanukah.  So I discussed it with my husband, who fully agreed that he would also enjoy having my father and that it would be an excellent use of the money we hoped to have, and even if it didn't come through, it meant enough to us that we could still probably split the ticket to get him here.  So Big Sis drew and picture and I wrote a note, and finally my father agreed to come, though he didn't agree to letting us pay.  And now he's here!  Today just him and I went to Tel Aviv, walked along the beach all the way to Yaffo (Jaffa), then back up through Tel Aviv to a yummy pizzeria.  But Gili is enjoying the cuddles and I think my father is enjoying her.  I've always thought they got along particularly well.  They're both quit and not needy or clingy and they both have very blue eyes.

We're on the verge of seeing Gili crawl.   My dad is here for two more days and we're hoping he gets to see her first "crawls."  My father and I have taken a little more initiative with her eating, as well.  She still doesn't quite seem to know what to do with the food once it's in her mouth.  But this evening I was able to spoon feed her slightly thickened formula without her objecting.  But I'm not sure if more went down or came out.  And do you see those new teeth?  Just when I was starting to worry about why she had three all on the bottom, four starting coming down on top!

On Sunday we had an appointment with Dr. Inbal.  He seems somewhat satisfied with her bits of progress.  Her head circumference is keeping up with the curve just below normal.  If she has more seizures she may have to go to a sleep lab to get a longer sampling of her brain activity.  He said that  the EEG showing nothing only means nothing happened while they were testing.

We did get the paper work from Betuach Leumi (Social Security) and we have an appointment to stand before the omitted that puts Gili in the rehabilitation day care.  There is no reason she wouldn't be accepted, but we still have to wait our turn and travel to Yaffo (Jaffa) and show up.  I hope to have good news about that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment